At StoreDot we use technology to discover new ways to develop extreme fast charge Li-ion battery cells for electric vehicles (EVs) - one of the world’s most significant technological and life changing challenges. We are disrupting outdated battery ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to charge batteries in only 5 minutes! There is no limit to the impact you can make here - Are you ready to reimagine EV battery technology?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prototyping and evaluating battery cell design and performance to meet product specifications.
- Integration and design of new cell components considering manufactures capabilities.
- Interaction and collaboration on development activities with cell manufactures.
- Realization of spec and data sheet through required testing procedures.
- Test design in accordance with product requirement.
- Execution of performance validation plan on large scale samples.
- Develop and apply cell diagnostic tests and procedures, including automated data analysis tools.
- Analyze test results, detect issues, and perform root cause analysis.
- Experimental research of electrochemical cell level performance.
- Acquire and interpret analytical and cell test data, including electrochemical techniques.
- Design of experiments (DoE) for finding the optimal cell parameters.
- Organize and carry out physical characterization and battery failure analysis work to support battery development.
- Characterization of technological gaps raising from large scale production.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- BSc and at least 3 years of industry experience, or MSc with adequate experimental experience in: Electrochemical-related field (Physics, Chemistry, Chem. Eng., Elec. Eng, Materials Eng. or similar), with knowledge in energy storage/batteries.
- Experience with similar/relevant system design & integration of technology into a product according to requirements documentation.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and task ownership; ability of analytical problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Analytical mindset and product-oriented approach.
- Customer facing and understanding of business development requirements.
- Experience with energy storage devices/Li ion battery cells
- Experience with automated scripts for testing and analysis
- Experience with Statistical methods and tools
- Experience with simulation & modeling tools
- Programing skills: Python, Matlab or similar