In this role you will manage the Electrode Engineering Group in the Engineering Department. The group's role is to produce electrodes for battery development in high quality and accuracy in accordance with the R&D's definitions and the company's needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Pilot line activity for mixing materials and electrode coating for battery development.
- Manage a group of 10-13 people (team leaders, engineers, technicians and lab operators) divided into two teams (electrode production team and analysis team).
- Ability to build a winning strong team.
- Maintaining a close interface with the R&D group (flexibility, adaptation to needs)
- Work closely with the NPI manager to achieve a scalable process in accordance to industrial capabilities
- Responsibility for manufacturing electrodes on an ongoing basis in high quality for experimental purposes
- Ability to integrate into agile work
- Deep mechanical understanding for mixing equipment, filtration, pumps, heating units, coating technologies in roll-to-roll system
- Hands-on capabilities
- Ability to achieve high goals (output, quality)
- Responsibility for analytical tests for the quality of the process and creation of prediction tools for mixture quality.
- Responsibility on maintenance for proper functionality of all production equipment.
- Extremely good interfaces skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate manufacturers in different geographies.
- Ability to work fluently in English
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Chemical / Mechanical / Material Engineer
- 10+ years of experience in technical positions
- 5+ years of experience as a Director/team leader
- High production orientation and experience
- High sense of service and interface in front of colleagues
- Significant knowledge and background in mixing and coating technologies and R2R systems, as well as high load polymer systems for thin layer applications
- Deep knowledge and experience (3-5 years) in battery development and/or batteries production technology – An advantage.
- Experience in leading small teams
- Excellent personal and communication skills with an ability to motivate employees
- Excellent hands-on and execution capabilities