In this position you will join our excellent Material and Cell Characterization (MCC) group.
We are searching for a reliable and highly organized researcher to preform materials characterization research and evaluations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new analytical techniques to identify failure mechanisms.
- Perform statistical correlations between physio-chemical analysis and performance parameters.
- Identify and analyze chemical and physical data from different development stages (material level and battery cell component) and integrate the resulted information together with electrochemical performance to determine root cause of failure mechanisms.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- MSc or PhD in Chemistry or related field with at least 3 years of research experience in characterization of chemical and material structure of both surface and bulk of particles/surfaces.
- Proven experience evaluating material characteristics using one or more of the following analytical techniques:
- Electron microscopy of inorganic materials. Preferably knowledge in high-res TEM
- Proven record evaluating porosity of materials.
- Proven record developing FTIR or Raman Spectroscopy methods.
- Experience with statistical analysis - an advantage.
- Curiosity and strive to develop chemical, material and surface chemistry oriented methods to define failure issues.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and issue ownership; Strong analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with group members, internal/external colleagues.
- A strong work ethic.