NPI Manager for APAC
Store Dot is looking for a leading NPI project manager in China. In this position, the NPI PM will be responsible to execute SD's production plans quickly and optimally with local manufacturers and suppliers.
Our ideal candidate must have background in battery production industry, energy storage, chemistry production process, He will be our representative in the production plant, make sure the raw materials are stored under the right conditions, that the production processes take place according to schedule and production plans, check the production quality regularly, tracking test results and reporting to company headquarters on any deviation or problem. In addition, He will need to manage supply chain from Europe and the US to China and vice versa, including tracking and reporting shipments and interface with suppliers. The actual work will take place within the site of the manufacturing plant, but can also be in an office nearby, in accordance with SD policy.
This position reports directly to the Director of NPI in Israel. In this position, he will be working closely with Product Managers, Production & Engineering to accomplish the goals of winning business with our EV Extreme- fast charging battery technology.
Working location- Huizhou area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In-depth knowledge in the field of battery production in Asia, experience in various stages of production as well as production tests and standards\certification batteries tests.
- Create and refine processes for successful and on-time project completion with local manufacturers: prioritize tasks and adjust workflow to move projects forward.
- Coordinate with the company's headquarters to implement requirements with the local manufacturers. Continuously monitor progress and communicate project status updates, action plans and risks to upper management.
- Proven ability to understand results and technical reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate in stressful situations and provide Solid problem-solving skills, direction and strategy, and make operational decisions.
- Experience and ability to manage several projects simultaneously to several manufacturers in different locations.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation and communication skill to attract new manufacturers and suppliers. Maintain working relationships and communications with manufacturing and key suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedules for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries
- A representative figure with the ability to host suppliers, customers and company representatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, who can make connections with customers and colleagues
- Ability to work independently, mobile and own a car.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Master Degree in Electrical/material Engineering (EE)
- 4 years' work experience in an electrical/material engineering position.
- A proven record of accomplishment of technical excellence.
- Familiarity with different battery cells technologies and concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese.