We are looking for an experienced Python Backend Developer to join our growing R&D department for extreme fast charge lithium battery research
You will be joining our small agile Data Science team that owns our data from hardware acquisition and cloud storage, through multiple database and cache layers, pipelines and augmentation processes, to analysis, visualizations, automations and ML models in production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- End-to-end ownership: invent, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software of new advanced research tools, prototypes, services, and new features in an agile work environment.
- Write clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code.
- Develop and support software including applications, integrations, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements.
- Develop complex features, end-to-end, including reviewing requirements, providing technical design, leading the execution and deploying to production.
- Conduct code and design reviews for other teammates.
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure projects meet business objectives and compliance standards.
- Share your expertise among the team and become a mentor for new teammates.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- B.Sc. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of production-grade expert python programming skills, including strong SQL & NoSQL – Required.
- Strong object-oriented Python background, including leading data/ML open source libraries – Required.
- A curious mind and a general technical can-do attitude.
- MVC programming – Big Advantage.
- Experience with AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure (GCP preferable).
- Experience with one or more data orchestration tools (Airflow preferable).
- Experience with Java Scripts.
- Advanced Chemistry, Physics and Electrochemistry knowledge – Great Advantage.
- Team player with strong communications and debugging skills.
- Ability to produce scalable and robust production-quality code incorporating testing and monitoring.
- Fluent written and spoken English is a must in an international company.