In this position, you will join our US R&D Center, and you will be responsible for screening, designing, and synthesizing novel solid-state electrolytes for extremely fast charging batteries and high energy density batteries.
Candidates should have extensive hands-on laboratory experience and background knowledge in materials and chemistry for lithium-ion and sulfide based solid-state electrolyte.
Knowledge in anode-electrolyte interfaces, battery cell assembly, and manufacturing systems is also highly desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in synthesis of solid-state materials including sulfide and/or polymer electrolytes.
- Collaborate with various suppliers to improve materials properties solid-state electrolyte and synthetic activities, sourcing, characterizing, and evaluating materials from suppliers.
- Understand electrolyte materials, properties and processing approaches of solid-state electrolytes and its electrochemical performance test.
- Lead research activities from fundamental evaluation of materials to prototyping in solid state battery cells including materials characterization, electrochemical testing, and failure analysis.
- Work in cross-functional, self-organized multidisciplinary teams.
- Work efficiently to reach goals with target timelines.
- Effectively communicate ideas, concepts, designs, and results with the team
- Contribute to technical writing of patents and reports.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline and more than 5 years’ experience in solid state electrolyte.
- Highly preferred experience in sulfide from Tier 1 cell maker.
- Demonstrated knowledge in solid-state electrolytes, their relevant materials, processing, and testing methodologies.
- Strong experience in solid-state Ionics and ceramics and/or ionic conductive polymers and/or electrolyte technologies, Including synthesis, processing and fabrication.
- An aptitude for learning new things and a keen eye for improving processes.
- Out of the box, innovative and creative thinking with a positive attitude.
- Deep understanding of battery charging mechanism in solid-state battery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment.
- Expertise in one or more advanced analytical techniques is preferred.
Please review our privacy notice for job applicants ››