In this position, you will join our US R&D team, and you will be responsible for developing next generation cathode active materials and sulfide solid electrolyte materials for ultra-fast charging batteries and high energy density batteries. The successful candidate will prefer hands-on lab work to make a cathode electrode, coin cells and pouch cells to evaluate the material properties and its electrochemical performances. Record of achievement in the areas of cathode active materials, electrode processing, cell design capability and battery cell assembly is also highly desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience in synthesis of cathode active materials including LCO, LFP, NCM, NCMA and advanced cathode active materials.
- Collaboration with various external suppliers to improve materials properties of cathode active materials, sourcing, characterizing, and evaluating materials
- Build small-scale prototype cells to measure key metrics and demonstrate technology developments
- Lead research activities from fundamental evaluation of cathode materials to prototyping in battery cells to
- Work in cross-functional, self-organized multidisciplinary teams
- Effectively communicate ideas, concepts, designs, and results with the team
- Contribute to generation of intellectual property and technical reports
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science, or related discipline and more than 3 years’ experience in cathode materials for the Li ion battery field
- Research experience from materials through to device level with cathode active materials involving synthesis, modification and manufacturing is highly desired
- Hands-on R&D experience in advanced High-Ni NMC, NCA and/or MCMA materials
- An aptitude for learning new things and a keen eye for improving processes
- Out of the box, innovative and creative thinking
- Deep understanding on battery charging mechanism on Si material
- Knowledge of battery construction and electrochemical testing methodologies such as Arbin/Maccor/Bio-Logic testing systems and techniques including EIS, CV, etc.
- Strong track record of achievements in materials R&D
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-taught, self-motivated and collaborative with excellent time management skills
- Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment
- Experience with DOE (Design of Experiments) methods and Minitab software is preferred
- Expertise in one or more advanced analytical techniques is preferred