In this position, you will join our US R&D Center, and will be working on Si materials and be responsible for development of Si materials for extreme fast charging batteries and high energy density batteries. As an experienced, skilled and creative researcher will develop, analyze and characterize these materials, and will evaluate electrochemical performances in battery cells. Candidates should have extensive hands-on laboratory experience and background knowledge in Si materials and chemistries for lithium-ion and lithium metal batteries. Knowledge in anode design and interface between anode and electrolyte, battery cell assembly, manufacturing systems is also highly desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with team to design research strategies from fundamental evaluation of materials to prototyping in battery cells
- Initiate sourcing, characterizing, and evaluating materials from various suppliers.
- Building and evaluating coin and pouch cells including materials characterization, electrochemical testing, and failure analysis
- Work in cross-functional, self-organized multidisciplinary teams
- Review scientific literatures on energy storage technologies
- Effectively communicate ideas, concepts, designs, and results with the team
- Contribute to technical writing of patents, and reports
- Implement your working experience and new ideas in a glove-box
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science, or related discipline and more than 3 years’ experience in Si materials for the Li ion battery
- An aptitude for learning new things and a keen eye for improving processes
- Out of the box, innovative and creative thinking
- Deep understanding on battery charging mechanism on Si material
- Experience in Pre-lithiation of Si anode
- Knowledge of battery construction and electrochemical testing methodologies such as Arbin/Maccor/Bio-Logic testing systems and techniques including EIS, CV, etc.
- Strong track record of achievements in materials R&D
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-taught, self-motivated and collaborative with excellent time management skills
- Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment
- Experience with DOE (Design of Experiments) methods and Minitab software is preferred
- Expertise in one or more advanced analytical techniques is preferred