In this position, you will join our US R&D Center, and you will be responsible for screening, designing and synthesizing novel solid-state electrolytes for extreme fast charging batteries and high energy density batteries. Candidates should have extensive hands-on laboratory experience and background knowledge in materials and chemistries for lithium-ion and solid-state electrolyte batteries. Knowledge in anode-electrolyte interfaces, battery cell assembly, manufacturing systems is also highly desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience in synthesis of solid-state materials, ceramics and/or polymer electrolytes.
- Collaboration with various suppliers to improve materials properties solid-state electrolyte and synthetic activities, sourcing, characterizing, and evaluating materials from
- Understanding of electrolyte materials, properties and processing approaches of solid-state electrolytes and its electrochemical performance test
- Lead research activities from fundamental evaluation of materials to prototyping in solid state battery cells including materials characterization, electrochemical testing, and failure analysis
- Work in cross-functional, self-organized multidisciplinary teams
- Work efficiently to reach goals with target timelines
- Effectively communicate ideas, concepts, designs, and results with the team
- Contribute to technical writing of patents, and reports
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Ph.D. in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related discipline and more than 6 years’ experience in solid state electrolyte and/or battery
- Demonstrated knowledge in solid-state electrolytes, their relevant materials, processing and testing methodologies.
- Strong experience in solid-state ionics and ceramics and/or ionic conductive polymers and/or electrolyte technologies, Including synthesis, processing and fabrication.
- An aptitude for learning new things and a keen eye for improving processes
- Out of the box, innovative and creative thinking with a positive attitude.
- Deep understanding on battery charging mechanism in solid-state battery
- Knowledge of battery construction and electrochemical testing methodologies such as Arbin/Maccor/Bio-Logic testing systems and techniques including EIS, CV, etc.
- Strong track record of achievements in materials R&D
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and succeed in an environment with competing demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-taught, self-motivated and collaborative with excellent time management skills
- Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment
- Experience with DOE (Design of Experiments) methods and Minitab software is preferred
- Expertise in one or more advanced analytical techniques is preferred