In this position, you will join our R&D team, and you will be responsible for designing and synthesizing novel materials for ultra-fast charging battery. This experienced, skilled and creative organic chemistry researcher will develop and analyze these materials, and will evaluate their electrochemical performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design novel molecules, synthetic routes and perform multi-steps organic syntheses including inert atmosphere reactions.
· Initiate innovative and creative synthetic projects.
· Experience with working in glove-box.
· Characterization of molecules using NMR, HPLC, GC-MS.
· Documentation of experiments and analysis of the results.
· Literature search.
· Work in cross-functional, self-organized multidisciplinary teams.
· Contribute, present and implement new ideas.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ph.D. in organic chemistry.
· Solid knowledge in fundamental and modern synthetic chemistry and purification techniques.
· Experience with the integration of small molecules in advanced materials/polymers/formulations.
· Knowledge in polymer synthesis and polymer functionalization to introduce new chemical functional groups and to modify its physical/mechanical characteristics – Advantage.
· Knowledge in electrochemistry/batteries/molecular modeling & calculation – Advantage.
· Learning the field of electrochemistry and batteries.
· Ability to work effectively independently and in a team.
· Self-taught, self-motivated and collaborative with excellent time management skills.
· Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast paced multidisciplinary environment.
Out of the box, innovative and creative thinking.