In this position, you will join our US R&D team, and you will be responsible for developing next generation cathode active materials and catholyte materials for ultra-fast charging batteries and high energy density batteries.
The successful candidate will perform hands-on lab work to prepare a cathode electrode and will evaluate the material properties and its electrochemical performances.
Record of achievement in the areas of cathode active materials, catholytes, electrode processing, cell design capability and battery cell assembly is also highly desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in synthesis of cathode active materials including Hi Ni NCM (Ni80 and Ni90+), NCA, NCMA and advanced cathode active materials and catholyte.
- Source, characterize and evaluate cathode materials including cathode components.
- Collaborate with various external suppliers to improve materials properties of cathode active materials.
- Build small-scale prototype cells to measure key metrics and demonstrate technological developments.
- Work in cross-functional teams, self-organized multidisciplinary teams.
- Effectively communicate ideas, concepts, designs, and results with the team.
- Contribute to the generation of intellectual property and technical reports.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science, or related discipline and more than 5 years’ experience in cathode materials for the Li ion battery field.
- Research experience from materials through to device level with cathode active materials involving synthesis, modification and manufacturing is highly desired.
- Hands-on R&D experience in advanced High-Ni NMC, NCA and/or MCMA materials.
- Knowledge of battery construction and electrochemical testing methodologies such as Arbin/Maccor/Bio-Logic testing systems and techniques including EIS, CV, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-taught, self-motivated and collaborative with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience with DOE (Design of Experiments) methods and Minitab software is a plus.
- Expertise in one or more advanced analytical techniques is preferred. e.g. PXRD, SEM, TEM adsorption, PSD, FT-IR, etc.
Please review our privacy notice for job applicants ››